Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day of resistance...said in a French accent please

It's day of resistance number four. This is the fourth day someone at work has brought donuts and I have not even been tempted to take a bite. I shocked myself by resisting a donut, yet alone a free one. To tell the truth, I am not even tempted to have a taste. Yayy!

Today also landed me in a soap making workshop. It was so much fun and the smell of the oils was delicious! I can't wait to use the soap I made. I should yield eight bars of soap from this batch. The soap making process was easy and it sounds like a possible project in my future.

Some interesting facts about manufactured soap according to the soap master. The oils used to produce bars of soap are kitchen grease taken from restaurants. The oil is poor quality, cheap and has fried a range of food, mostly french fries. It's one of the only ways manufacturers’ can make a profit on the product.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't mention the best fact about the soap - the scent you chose was called Monkey Farts and smelled like bananas! :D Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete