Friday, October 8, 2010

Fun filled Friday!

I started out with a yoga class at the rec. center. It was such a great class and the teacher, Linda, was awesome! After the class she came up and asked if I had any questions (I did) and she spent a few minutes explaining the chants, the six branches of yoga (a condensed version) and about the Texas Yoga Retreat (where she was an instructor for two years). I got a very good vibe from Linda and the class in general. Coincidently, she lives in Killeen! Small world.

After that I headed to southwest Austin for a foot massage at Yoga Yoga. It was heaven! Too bad the location is an hour drive from homeL. I’ll have to find something closer. They had a nice library of reading material. Bought a yoga dictionary, now I won’t be completely lost when I read articles.

Time for some lunch at Whole Foods. Sushi hit the spot. It was nice to be there when it was less crowded. I tasted kale for the first time and it was surprisingly tasty.  I tasted it prepared three different ways: sautéed in teriyaki sesame sauce, in a salad with spinach, strawberries and cashews, and mixed with avocado and onions.  Why the sudden interest in kale? Well, at the yoga studio I saw a bag of kale chips for sale: $9.00! What?!?! At this price I had to investigate this thing called kale.

The last stop was Book People. I only bought some incense but I know where I’ll be doing the majority of my Christmas shopping, (even though I hate the consumerism of the holiday, I do it for the family).

Eight hours later, I arrived back home. Pooped out! It was a night of TV for me, too tired to do much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment