Sunday, October 3, 2010

Qi Gong Five Treasures Workshop

I'm not familiar with Qi Gong but today I attended a workshop lead by Kay Hutchinson. She is the founder of the Aiki Healing. I met Kay at the kick-off for the Free Day of Yoga event at Whole Foods. Kay performed a mini Qi-Gong bodywork session on me. It felt great and it was so different. This piqued my interest and I signed up for a workshop to learn more about Qi Gong.

About a week later, I received an email from Kay saying that my entry at Whole Foods was picked and I won a free Qi Gong bodywork massage. Oh boy!  It was heaven. At the session we also discussed ways certain food and herbs can affect the body and Kay taught me a couple of Qi Gong techniques I could perform on myself.

So today was the workshop. Kay’s country cottage was adorable and Japanese inspired in décor. I completely loved the peacefulness inside and outside of the cottage. There were about ten of us there to learn about Qi Gong. We learned many techniques and discussed the benefits of the practice on our bodies. It was very relaxing and very different from yoga. Afterwards, we enjoyed a vegetarian snack, similar to onigiri, and hummus with vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment